Winter lectures are held in the Digby Hall, Hound Street in Sherborne on a Saturday starting at 14:30 and finishing with tea and biscuits. The car park immediately outside is a pay and display car park (use the machine in the foyer of the hall).
The talks cover a wide range of heritage and contemporary topics, including National Trust subjects. The cost is £3 to members of the Association, and £5 to non-members.
Day visits in the summer are usually by coach to places of interest to members. Pick-up points are:
- Yeovil, Quicksilver Mail (top of Hendford Hill) *** New pickup pont ***
- Yeovil, Cartgate Services on the A303 (when travelling west)
- Sherborne, Culverhayes Car Park
- Milborne Port, by the Fish and Chip Shop
- East Stour, by the Village Hall
- Gillingham, outside Waitrose
The costs vary depending on the distance and venue but every effort is made to keep charges at a reasonable level.
Please note: On visits to National Trust properties, members of BV&YNT who are NOT members of the National Trust will be required to pay the normal NT entrance fees. NT members should remember to bring their NT Membership Card!!